Updating frequently

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Scary Movie Review Month: conclusion

To bring October (aka Scary Movie Review Month) to a close, I'm going to go back over and give reviews and new scorings to all the movies I watched, including the ones that received the stream of conscious reviews.

The Innkeepers
This was a fun spin on the haunted places schtick. It was subtle and quirky.
7 out of 10

Apartment 143
Jump scares galore. But schizophrenia doesn't cause levitation.
3 out of 10

Episode 50
This was just plain bad. I couldn't bring myself to feel anything for the characters.
1 out of 10

13B
What a strange way to be introduced to Bollywood horror.
4 out of 10

The Descent 2
It wasn't as good as the first one. Which I'm sure is cliche to say. But it was entertaining.
5 out of 10

Catacombs
World's worst sister of the year. All years. But, in the end, they deserved it.
3 out of 10

Dread
This one took too long to get to the real 'meat' of the movie. I felt like the movie was almost over before things actually started happening.
4 out of 10

V/H/S
It had promise, but the execution wasn't as good as it could have been. Thankfully, there's going to be a sequel and they'll get a second chance.
5 out of 10

No Tell Motel
I can't.... I just can't. It's that bad.
-10 out of 10

The Raven
Dark and brooding, gory and foreboding. While I didn't think Cusack looked like Poe, I enjoyed the facade.
7 out of 10

Prometheus
This was an incredibly beautiful feast for the eyes. As well as breathtaking in action and creepiness.
7 out of 10

Paranormal Activity 4
I'm beginning to notice a trend here: I really liked 1 and 3, was disappointed with 2 and slightly disappointed with 4. Which is great, because this means that 5 will be great.
5 out of 10

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D
I really enjoyed this one. The video game nerd in me thrived while watching this and really appreciated the hints at Silent Hill Origins and Downpour.
8 out of 10


No comments: