Updating frequently

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sorry

My sympathy goes out to Japan.
And though it sounds really trite, I don't know what else I can say.
Watching the news, staring in disbelief at the images filling the screen. I thought I was watching one of those "end of the world" movies.
Sadly, it was Japan's reality now full of hurt, pain, confusion, chilled water and angry earth.

I felt almost guilty that the first thought to come to mind was something along the lines of, "Holy crap... I'm so glad Nick (my brother) left Japan a few weeks ago."
It's true. My brother was stationed in Japan, not too far from Tokyo I believe.
He came back to the States not but two weeks ago-ish, to his new stationing closer to home.

Guilt, relief, shame.
Disbelief, sorrow, grief.

Japan's given us some pretty cool stuff.
I think we should give a little back.

I'm donating to the American Red Cross, which is sending relief efforts to Japan.
Will you be donating? If so, where?

No comments: