Updating frequently

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Overheard in my head

Sometimes I'll replay things that I've said or heard or saw throughout the day.
Back when I had a serious problem sleeping, I seemed to have an incredible ability to retain the most minute things in daily life.
Eventually, I got to the point where I would replay everything before going to sleep. This actually seemed to 'cure' the sleep problem. Perhaps, by replaying the events, my brain was tricked into thinking my day was a lot fuller than it actually was.

However, this replay ability has its faults.
A good example of this would be when I would attend a funeral or other such somber event and the most ridiculous thing would pop in my head at the most ridiculous time.

So, if I say, "I just thought of something funny."
I'm not lying. Chances are, I'm finally understanding a joke someone told me a few days ago and now can't stop laughing.

Which brings me to the point of this post: I'm going to post 'Overheard in...' a random assortment of posts about random things that I overhear. Be it in my head or from the next stall over.

Today's Overheard in...

"Oh gawd! Why does everything suck? It's like my life is o.... holy crap, are those strawberries?!"

No comments: