Updating frequently

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm making a note here...


.... HUGE SUCCESS

So, yes.... I've played Portal. And I'm hooked. I love this game. And the ending theme..... I love the ending theme so much that it's my ringtone. That's how much this game has gotten to me.
I had heard/read mention of this game, but paid it no mind. I knew pretty much nothing about Half-Life. I knew that this set came in an orange box. I knew Half-Life was the source of head crabs. :D (more about my crustacean obsession later) So, when my roommate at the time mentioned that I would really enjoy Portal, I was curious. Then he played the ending theme for me.

Then I knew. I knew I must play it. And I loved it.

Here's a link to the song: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/extras/stillalive.php

It's a little flash animation up on the VG Cats website. Much amusement ensues.

Portal is basically a 3+ hour puzzle-type game. You pay as a woman that eventually gets possession of a portal gun.

Go in one portal..... leave out another portal. And while there's some physics here, and I've never taken a physics class, I became a master genius of physics. Throughout the game you're being guided by a computer with a deep appreciation of cake. And your only friend is a weighted companion cube (seen in the picture on the right).

Words can't even describe the game. I really got into it. I really enjoyed it. It could have been longer; I could have cried when I got to the end.

Also... you want to know what else I really got into?

Cloverfield.

Yeah.

But that will be covered next time.






No comments: