Updating frequently

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year's Eve


So, I've given much thought to this New Year's resolution business.... and have decided that my resolution is to not have a resolution.
I won't resolve to:

lose weight,
be more witty,
gain some grace and inner poise,
cut down on having inner dialogue then refer to it later even though no one knows what I'm talking about,
be less naïve,
be less pessimistic,
worry less,
spend less,
save more,
be less judgemental,
be less mental,
have less roadrage and cut down on yelling at other drivers, even though they can't hear me

I will try my best to be all that I can be and all that I can ever be: bittersweet Rose.



However....

Things I would like to leave in 2008:
depression,
all those petty fights/arguments,
those hours-long bouts of crying,
crap pay,
my illnesses



Things I would like to see myself doing in 2009:
I am moving to an area I enjoy,
I am making more money,
getting well/healthy,
enjoying great (and not-so-great) movies,
being able to hold a basic conversation in French and Spanish

No comments: