Updating frequently

Friday, September 10, 2010

May I present....

Today's post is an extra special one: I will introduce you to one of my all-time favorite paintings.

After learning of the painting, the central figure has appeared in many of my drawings, paintings and sketchpads.
While studying abroad in London, I got the opportunity to see it up close and personal while visiting the Tate Modern museum. I'm sure I giggled as I walked toward it and stood transfixed for a while; as if I was trying to burn the image with its true colors, size and form into my mind.


I can't tell you what it is exactly about Celebes that I love. I can only say it was love at first sight.
The naked mannequin beckons me into the image, introducing the main, elephantine figure, whom wore his best, pressed collar for the occasion.
It was meant to be; we were only born sixty years apart!

Thanks goes to Wikipedia and Gardner's Art through the Ages for providing information, images and inspiration.

No comments: