Updating frequently

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Epic win



Incredible.
I'm not ashamed to say that I cried during Barack Obama's acceptance speech.
I'm on a political high and I don't know if I can come down. Has there ever been such a huge win as this before?

This night was crazy. Just got home from a nearly eleven hour shift. Although, to be honest, it didn't feel like it.

My entire night was full; especially once the polls started flowing in.
Once Delaware and New Jersey were declared blue, I started cheering.... which confused the co-workers that didn't know that I'm a Delaware girl.

Here's a comment from someone who posted on the HA comments:
"The fact that this man that came from a lower to middle class family, worked hard, got his educated as a half-black, half white american should show America, and the rest of the world that the American dream still exists. Let's unite America!"

To which I replied:
"It's an incredible win. As a multiracial child, this makes me very proud. As an American, this makes me very proud.
Thank you for your comment. :)"

It's nearly 2 a.m. and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get to sleep. I drank nearly two liters of Pepsi and I'm on a bit of a sugar high. O.o

No comments: