Updating frequently

Monday, July 12, 2010

A sordid affair

I have a shameful little story to tell...

Those that know me well, know that movies and I have a thing together; not as sordid a thing as video games and I have together but... you get the picture.
Recently, I've been doing the unthinkable... it's practically prostitution!
I've been taking some DVDs to FYE for cash.

I'll give you a minute to digest that.

Before you completely lose it, realize that I've carefully gone through my collection and have separated the regular DVDs from the 'I can't live without this!' DVDs.
Even then, my heart crushes in on itself each time I hand over a disk for an amount waaaaaaay less than its worth and the enjoyment it gave me.
And what's worse is the look the cashiers give me.
Now, I know many less than savory characters take advantage of this cash-for-stuff deal. Many of them steal for it.
I, on the other hand, had some (not-so) disposable income and built up a collection far before I was ready for it.
I don't have a home.
I don't have a place that I see myself living in after five years.... much less still living here for a year. Why did I think I needed to start a collection?

I suppose I'm just growing up. ::insert self-depreciating chuckle here::
I realized that I can't cart around a collection with me where I want to go. When I finally head to California, (cross the fingers that it's sooner rather than later) I'm really only going to want to bring the essentials.
Well, that and I needed the cash: living off granola and freeze pops does not a nutritious life make. (It's nowhere near that bad.... but close lol)

And so, what I haven't watched in a year, chances are it's been handed over.
Granted, the higher-end foreign stuff and box-sets have had a nicer way of leaving. I've been selling them on eBay and Amazon.

It's terrible, I tell you.
I once said that being poor and starving builds character.

It also makes you ornery.

No comments: