Updating frequently

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Promise

What do you guys think about promise rings?

In days gone by, promise ring were merely placeholders for engagement rings.

Nowadays, promise rings can represent many things: from simple declarations of love to a ring to signify the commitment to a monogamous relationship. And with technology making long distance relationships more common, promise rings have become very popular to ease the distance between two lovers.
In fact, a coworker was given a beautiful promise ring by her Afghanistan-bound boyfriend and I would catch her at work, gazing at it - a physical extension of her distant lover.

And along with the changing representations, styles have changed too.
From flamboyant cocktail style to simple bands engraved with a heart, promise rings are making a comeback.

Here's a few styles that I find absolutely lovely and would be great as promise rings:


Ring attributions:
newmoon.uk.com
folksy.com
applesofgold.com
geekologie.com
endlessjewelry.multiserver.com
jessicagoldharalson.com
google.com
slipperybrick.com
google.com


Elven


Cute


Elegant


Nerdy


For men


Eclectic


Sweet




Hard-core


Edible?











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I laughed so hard at the last picture. I don’t know what I would do if my boyfriend gave me an edible promise ring. Haha! As for me, I’m blessed to have a sweet guy who gave me a simple band with a line from my favorite poem engraved on the outside. I believe that promise rings don’t need to be elaborate, but should be one the represents you.

Regards,
Maude Quintana