Updating frequently

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Housing Situation

So, let's bring you guys up to speed:

I'm not exactly thrilled with where I'm living; there's just too many things that are inexcusable:

My door frame has never been fixed; so if someone is cleaning up the walkway area with a leaf blower, (which is often) a lot of what's being blown about is ending up in my foyer. So each week I'm sweeping out leaves, sticks and cigarette butts. Speaking of cigarette butts, anytime someone is in the walkway, smoking, the smoke makes its way into my apartment and I
start freaking out and running around smelling things, thinking that the apartment is burning down.

My upstairs neighbor is still a loud twat. This actually a pretty normal complaint and wouldn't be an inexcusable offense had it not been for the circumstances. Everyone (even people who don't live directly near her) complain. However, she's diddling someone important to the
complex, so nothing can be done.

Pet allowance for special people. I don't care if the daughter of someone has a Shih Tzu. If you allow someone to have a dog, I should be allowed to have a cat. All or nothing.

Parking is atrocious and always will be. And there's absolutely no plans to fix that. There are constantly people parking in the drive ways and walking areas making it difficult to walk, drive or park. And it's always going to be that way. Sometimes I like to be able to get out of the complex.

Raising the rent. Okay, So this is a bit excusable with the current economy. However, I don't believe I should be paying $500 for a place that I don't believe I should be paying $480 for. Granted, the rent is higher than most places because of its location to campus (I live in a college town).

Don't get me wrong: the manager and assistant manager are very sweet (well, the newer ones, the last manager was snippy for no reason).
There where huge bees when I was moving in, and that made me smile.
And I'm five minutes away from my best friend, ten minutes away from work and ten minutes away from Target.

But I'm unhappy.

So, I made the decision a few months ago to look into moving.

I found a house that was perfect! But it was much more than I could afford.

The complex that my best friend allows pets and is much cheaper.
So, I went in and asked if anything was going to be available between then (early Feb.) and early April. The lady said yes and gave me an application.
Then checked my employment and told me I was on a waiting list and was next in line. So, the next thing that came up would be for me.

The credit check cleared early this week, yet, when the lady called me, she said there wasn't anything available.

What?!

I'm not going to call her a liar... but if I was next in line, with no one in front of me, why would nothing be available?

So, I may be couch surfing with my stuff in storage until something comes available. <.<

Not pleased!

No comments: