Updating frequently

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The trouble with Macs



I'm not good with Macs. Really I'm not. It's not like I can't understand them--I've taught other people how to use them, I've used them almost exclusively in classes. And to be honest, I almost bought a Macbook. It's like my dislike of math. I can do it, I can teach it, I'll get an A in the class--just don't make me do it.

The commercials really piss me off. A bit too pretentious for my tastes.

Really, I don't have too much of a problem with Macs and I think if I had my own, I'd be fine with it. But I won't be needing one for quite a while--my cute HP with fun vector art on it works just fine.


My happy thought of the year:
Have something you feel really good about doing, something that you think you're really good at. It doesn't matter what it is: it could be being really good at building towers of cards, you can spin around a million times and not get dizzy or the ability to diffuse a hungry situation. It doesn't matter what other people think--this is all about YOU. Now, find out what it is and smile when you think about it.

Get better at it. It doesn't matter what it is. And whenever you're doing it, smile. Whenever you think about it, smile.

And you'll find yourself smiling more.

Currently: trying to learn one of my native languages: French. Also, trying to remember what I do know in Spanish and Japanese.

No comments: