Updating frequently

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hindsight is 80/20


Please excuse the quality, this is a picture of an original picture that was grainy and blurry to begin with.

The picture is me, eight years ago, doing what I normally do: giggling at something.
I'm not sure of the exact date; obviously sometimes in February 2001. Second year of community college.

I was hanging out with a friend at her dormroom whom I let brush out my hair; so it's quite fluffy.

She was taking photography classes and I offered my 'modeling services.' She was testing modes, settings, styles and other random things, so that's why the photo is blurry.

But I digress....

Hindsight is 80/20.

I think back to the first two years of community college and the first year of university and smile. In my mind, they were some of the best years of my life. There hasn't been a year that's been able to top those three. As far as I remember, I was happy all the time. I learned more about myself and the world around. There's been many times that I wish I could go back and relive those years and not take them for granted.

Yet here's the thing:
I know for a fact that there were some pretty sucky things going on. But that's not how I really remember it. Those are more like little footnotes in the story of the great times I had.

This is what I want to do:
I want to have 20/80 foresight.
I want to look ahead and think of the awesome things I'm going to/like to do.
I know for a fact that it's going to get better.

I want to be able to smile and giggle like I am in this picture now and forever. :D


Oh, and to answer your questions: this was the period of time when I could wear contacts.

No comments: