Updating frequently

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Foodie tears

Today was the last day of the old apartment. I couldn't help but get a bit choked up last night, as I did my last free-ish load of laundry... which then led into a boo-hoo session covering all kinds of topics.

On a lighter subject: in addition to Manhattan-hotdog guy being back at his usual spot at the corner of Broadway Drive and Timothy Lane, El Taco Loco is reopening today. I'm definitely going back to see if this new management is up to snuff.... and by up to snuff, (whatever that means) I clearly mean whether or not they will be serving melon water.
Melon water is awesome, btw.
Granted, I could make my own melon water... but it's the principle behind the whole deal.

And what is it about figuring out what my next step should be that makes it so hard?!
I currently have two clear-ish paths: get my masters in teaching English as a foreign language (or in Art History) and try to work as a community college professor OR get my medical laboratory technology degree and get a pretty much guaranteed job as an MLT at clinics, labs, hospitals, etc......
But I can't decide what to start first..... or whether to even start at all!

In the end, I'm not even sure that's what I want to do with my life.
I find both subjects incredibly interesting, which is a big deal because I can't stand being bored at my place of employment. But what if I never find what it is that keeps me from simply going into work and wishing for the weekend everyday?

Or does that even exist?


Fake edit: now that the whole moving process is over with (except for the endless amounts of boxes everywhere) I will be getting serious about working towards my MLT degree... I think.

1 comment:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Wow! Both of your options are so different from one another, yet equally fascinating. I say do what your heart says. You want to choose the path that you'll be happiest with in the future! :)