Updating frequently

Friday, August 1, 2008

I'll always be young at heart

So, I found a character creator to play dress up with.

Yes, I realize this sounds silly and childish. I just like to think of it as being young at heart. I can't dress up in my Mum's dresses and pearls anymore (she doesn't really wear dresses anymore anyway.) So, I've got to play dress up somewhere. This way it's less hassle and I don't have to worry about changing clothes.

But really think about it:
If everyone, deep down, didn't like a form of dress up, would we have as detailed character creators on several video games.

In Oblivion, my character has the same skin color but has green eyes and teal hair. She's an elf and is excellent at archery. My eyes are light brown, my hair is dark brown and I'm not an elf. I also wouldn't be good at archery as I've got the arms of a T-rex.

In another game, who's name escapes me, I was a voluptuous cleric elf with flaming red hair. She looked a lot like me, except for the being an elf with flaming red hair part. And her hips looked much better than mine. Oh yeah, and I can't do magic healing spells.

Deep down, we want to wear something that interesting or in addition to just changing outfits, we can change our appearance. We can be lizard people, elves or muscled barbarians. We can have skills and jobs that we couldn't achieve in real life.

So, here's the character I created, I call her Crustecean Queen:



No comments: