Updating frequently

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Colorful poop

I feel like a slacker.

"Why?" you ask.

Because it's 5.18 pm, the polls close at 7 pm and I'm not particularly set to go vote.

In my defense, (or excuse) I haven't given news much attention after being sacked from the newspaper. And while I get several emails from the president, (I kid you not!) I really don't know who or what I'm voting for. I haven't kept up with any election news or information or anything for that matter.

Shamefully, I was kinda surprised when people were like, "Have you voted today?"

According to Huffington Post, "Election web traffic tops Obama's Presidential Win."
Could that be other slackers, like myself, scurrying through the Web, trying to figure out what's going on?

I don't have cable, so I haven't caught any political ads, which are generally laughable and full of tripe anyway.

Curious about who I would PROBABLY vote for, I found a pretty fun website. Votesmart.org has this vote easy thing that breaks everything down for you by state and then asks you questions about social security, abortion, taxes and education and shows you which candidate is closest to your way of thinking.
Apparently, Anna Revies, reform, would be my candidate. However, in the state of Mississippi, a state so Republican it poops red, I doubt my little vote would weigh anything against the waves Republican and Democrat votes.
Though, my second closest choice was the Democrat candidate.

And yes, I'm aware of the disappointed head-shakes I'll receive from anyone who asks. And I'm aware of the third-degree burns from the grilling I'll get from my dad.
But, I'm just not exciting or interested.

And for that, I feel like a slacker.

No comments: