Updating frequently

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ho Hum

Although yesterday was the official day to have finished off all Thanksgiving leftovers, I had been saving the best for last: sweet potato casserole.
And I had planned to savor my sweet prize, topped with toasted French vanilla marshmellos, while sipping spumante and feeling throughly indulgent.

However, gravity had different plans.

As I lifted my Pyrex casserole dish out of the oven, I ogled the slight bubble of the casserole and the perfect toast of the marshmellos.
And then that glee turned to horror as the dish flew out of my hands and shattered into a mess of orangey, glassy goo. And ended up spending a good part of 30 minutes cleaning up and sweeping, sweeping and more sweeping as broken glasses causes great paranoia.

The good news, I was mostly unscathed. I only received minor stabs on two fingers and a leg.
The bad news, I no longer own a Pyrex casserole dish.

Ho hum...

No comments: