Updating frequently

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Deep and scary insight

Today's post is a down post, with brutal honesty. Visit the Rose Happiness Project for happy stuff today.

Yesterday was spent researching various things... one being surgeries regarding polycystic ovarian syndrome.
And one thing stuck out: the reason the majority of people complaining about having PCOS is because they want babies.
Infertility is the first thing on their minds.

However, the first thing on my mind is relief:
from hirutism... and the embarrassment it brings;
from mind-numbing depression... and my constant battle with it;
from doctor visits... and from ever having to hear "There's nothing was can do for you." again;
from lurking fear... as diabetes, high blood pressure, endometrial cancer, strokes and miscarriage (if I decide to have kids) hide around the corner.

And the greatest fear of all: that my mood disorder will destroy me and those I love.

I just want a normal life.

No comments: