Updating frequently

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Help?

I love when people are supposed to help you, but their remedy comes in the form of telling you to do exactly what you told them you've already done. It leads to interesting thoughts on whether or not people listen, or for my following example, read what people say.
I'm trying to figure out my Livestream Procaster (the thing that lets me stream videos and things from my desktop), yet I'm having issues with Flash.... at least with this.
I've downloaded the most recent version of Flash many times, yet still Procaster isn't working the way it should.
The e-mail I sent to Livestream's troubleshooting info area looked something like this:

I'm having problems with the Chat function in Procaster. When I click on the Chat tab, the screen is white and says "Please install Flash." I have installed Flash several times, but the Procaster tabs are still saying the same thing.
Thanks in advance.

The reply was:

Hello Rose,

Thank you for contacting us.  If you can, please go to your Internet Explorer, and download the latest version of flash to your computer.  This should help correct the problems you may be experiencing in trying to use chat with procaster.  Please contact me with any questions or concerns.


Best Regards,
Cory Frans

Huh... 
So, I wrote back:

Thanks for replying. I have downloaded Flash again, as you have suggested, and I am still getting the same 'Please install Flash' message under the chat, promote and player tabs.
Could this problem be related to Vista?

Thanks.

I haven't heard anything back in a week.

Ok, so that's not a really good example of what I'm trying to say, but it was the first thing that came to mind.... and I had evidence.
But seriously, I do wonder how much people are hearing (acknowledging that someone is talking) versus listening (knowing what someone is talking about). 
I like to think that I listen to what my friends and family are saying.

1 comment:

EP said...

Gah. That's ridiculous, and I oftentimes find myself wondering about whether people are actually listening to what I am saying.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Here's to hoping this has been sorted out.